“I couldn’t have won that trial without you.”
“Thank you Karen, I passed the exam!”
Karen Borgenheimer, owner and operator of InterpeterTranslation.com, measures her success with praises such as these.
Karen is a classically trained translator and interpreter who is regarded as a skilled, insightful and versatile professional. She is equally comfortable in the courtroom, the international conference and the classroom.
Prof. Borgenheimer, MFA, is a Miami-based certified interpreter / translator and interpreter trainer. She has been a university professor for 30 years and a professor of Translation and Interpretation at Florida International University (FIU) for the past 15 years.
Karen completed doctoral course work in Spanish literature and linguistics at the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She holds a Masters of Fine Arts in Translation from the University of Arkansas-Fayetteville and a BA in Spanish from the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire.
Ms. Borgenheimer has had extensive interpreter training with the University of Arizona’s Agnese Haury Institute for Interpretation and the Sampere Escuela de Traductores e Intérpretes in Madrid, Spain, where she lived and worked for nearly a decade. She later obtained a professional certificate in Legal Translation and Court Interpreting at FIU.
In addition to years of experience interpreting in the judicial system, Karen has been the official interpreter for Spanish dignitaries, Latin American presidents, the U.S. Department of Defense, Homeland Security, Southern Command, the Miss Universe Pageant and countless conferences.
“As an interpreter trainer and coach, Karen blends interpreting concepts and techniques with real-life applications and a good dose of humor.”
- Legal Court / Trial Interpreting
- Conference Interpreting
- Legal Translation
- Financial and Business Translation
- Translation Project Management
- Interpreter Training and Coaching
- Interim Director Translation & Interpretation Program – Florida International University (FIU)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Washington, D.C. – Trial Interpreter
- Conference Interpreter: U.S. Department of Defense, Homeland Security, large corporations
- Official Interpreter Miss Universe Pageant – Panama
- Master of Fine Arts (MFA) Translation – University of Arkansas, Fayetteville
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) Spanish – University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire
- Legal Translation & Court Interpreting Program – Florida International University, Miami, FL
- National Center for Interpretation, University of Arizona
- Sampere Escuela de Traductores e Intérpretes – Madrid, Spain
- American Translators Association (ATA)
- National Association of Judicial Interpreters and Translators (NAJIT)
- Association of Translators and Interpreters of Florida (ATIF)